Wednesday 23 May 2012

The Rasmus - live


The 21st May 2012 now holds a special place in my heart. It's the day I finally got to see my favourite band live at last. Woo hoooooo! After missing their UK concert in 2009, I never expected them to ever come back. They aren't huge here. So as soon as their tour was announced at the start of this year and with a London stop listed, I hung on the computer waiting to buy tickets and shrieking in frustration as I saw others getting theirs early!

For those of you who don't know it already, I'm a huge, huge fan of The Rasmus. They rock! It's the one thing I will get silly over. Not all screaming throwing-my-underwear-at-the-stage-and-fainting-in-a-puddle type silly (as happened at the concert) but enough that I go a little weak at the knees when I hear them play. And not only do I love their music, but listening to it again was a part of the inspiration for Keir. I owe them big time. For helping to save my sanity and prompting me to once more put my pen to paper - or at least my fingers to the keyboard.

So how was the concert? Amazing. Fantastic. Awesome! In fact, I'll save you some time and trouble here. Just go to Thesaurus.com and type in 'fabulous'. All the words that come up will cover my feelings over watching the guys play live. :)

Sadly, my new super smart phone wasn't so super at taking photos and video, despite the fact I wasn't far from the front. My view was a smidge better than the camera shows.But here's one semi-decent shot of singer
Lauri Ylรถnen.


And since my recording of Justify (the song that I'd have as Keir's main theme) was so poor, here's a couple of youtube videos instead. You can't see me, but I'm in there. Somewhere. :-P

No Fear



And the song that some consider their trademark - In the Shadows. Lauri's microphone failed just before the end, but we carried on singing without him, and then all finished together. This was the one that really had everyone going! (I'm somewhere in the second 'everybody on the side' shoutout).



And one of the best thing about seeing them live? Lauri announced another tour coming up very shortly - with another stop in London. I'll be watching, I'll be waiting...

Oh, and this is me. I don't often like pictures of myself or post them - I'm not that much of an exhibitionist. But it was a nice one - for a change.


It's been a euphoric month for me. Seeing The Rasmus live. Having my first full length novel published. My short story reaching its first birthday. And celebrating 19 years of marriage. Can June match that? Only time will tell... :)

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoooo! I am SO happy for you, Pip! And you look HOT! If you weren't married, I'd ask you out! LOL! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts.