Saturday 28 July 2012

Help, I need a Title!

Although the sequel to Keir still isn't ready to submit yet, one major problem with it that I'd like to solve right now is the title. Originally it was called Lost Serenity - I can't entirely explain why as that would be spoilers, but the double word play on Lost no longer applies. Since I can't call it just Serenity (I can hear the Firefly fans screaming at me now), I need a new title. But I'm struggling. So, I'm going to post the current blurb for the sequel and give you the list of ideas I've had for you to vote on. If you have any other ideas, feel free to add them. Help me, dear readers! You're my only hope!

Blurb -

It's been a year in paradise for Keir and Quin, but now the idyll is over. When Quin falls ill, Keir insists on returning to the hidden sanctuary of Lyagnius, unaware that it will be the first step on a journey that could part them forever.

The galaxy is under attack from a cybernetic army commanded by the Empress Tyra-Lee. While visiting Quin's son Gethyon on his homeworld of Loganum, they all fall victim to the Nercaandi tyrant. Keir is lost, and it will take all Quin's powers and the help of her son if there is to be any chance of retrieving him. But why hasn't Keir managed to escape himself? What force is holding him prisoner? And is the galaxy about to fall to the invaders?


7 comments:

  1. Have gone for Keir's Fall and Saving Serenity.

    Keir's Fall - Because as soon as they see the title and your name, they'll know instantly it's part of the Keir series.

    Saving Serenity - Because it seems that you still want to use Serenity in the title but not on its own.

    I quite like Tyrant's Kiss and Her Poisoned Kiss, too, but I don't know how the 'kiss' aspect relates to the story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gayle. The series is actually Redemption, but that all depends on whether Lyrical decide to take them all. I'm wondering if I'm hanging onto Serenity too much. The kiss thing is important to the story but might not tie in with the blurb especially.

      Delete
  2. I picked Keir's Fall because it seemed like the best one to show it's a sequel. If you do a third one though, you'll need to name it Keir's *something else*, just to keep the continuity going.

    My other thought is, why don't you call it Quin, because the story seems to be focused on Quin finding Keir again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wonder if I'm tying myself to a whole series of Keir insert second word here for the titles then. I'd more likely name it after Tyra-Lee than Quin if I'm going with character names. It's so hard! Thanks for the feedback Carol. :)

      Delete
  3. I voted for Keir's fall because the first book was called Keir and I think it'll link both books together to use his name again in title for this one.

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the above comments. Series need to have some connection.

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Tyrant's Kiss because I thought it was the most intriguing, but Keir's Fall came a close second because of the connection to a known character.

    Good luck choosing, Pippa.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts.