Saturday 2 August 2014

#Science #Fiction #Fantasy Saturday #71


Hello, and welcome to my excerpt for this week's #sffsat. Long time, no see, huh? For my return I'm sharing the opening sentences from my upcoming August release - Restless In Peaceville - a YA paranormal novella (think Warm Bodies meets Supernatural in Louisiana). Here, my MC Luke is trying to come to terms with awakening some place he didn't expect...

Where the hell am I?
Not the most original question, I know, but it's the best place to start. The only place. I don't know where I am. I can't remember where I was. What I was. But nothing about this place is familiar, and some part of me didn't expect this.
There's a line of people all the way to infinity. I'm not exaggerating—I do mean infinity. And it hurts to look at it because the human mind can't handle that. Not completely. You think you know how that looks? You don't. You can't. 


Restless In Peaceville will be available in all digital formats from Lycaon Press from the 20th August. In the meantime you can check it out on Goodreads HERE or my website HERE, or sign up to my newsletter to get the release announcement. Why not visit the others taking part in Science Fiction Fantasy Saturday by clicking the banner below.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - that's a great opening. All sorts of questions come to mind - Luke says this isn't what he expected, but doesn't know where he was before. Looking forward to seeing how this develops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great teaser snippet...looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts.