Friday 24 October 2014

Off To #BristolCon!


So today I set off for BristolCon, daughter and suitcase full of swag in tow. We're taking the train from Colchester to Bristol with the convention running all day tomorrow. I have serious butterflies! It's twenty five years since I last attended, and this time as a dealer rather than a visitor. This will also be my first convention as an author with books to pimp. Eeep! But I won't be alone. Aside from daughter, I'll be with friend, fellow author and Brigader Misa Buckley (whose artistic talents are responsible for my covers for Gethyon and Reboot, as well as my header for my website).

What can you expect from us? Well, we have download cards for our ebooks and lots of swag. I'll have a basket of book goodies to raffle off, free samples of my three longer works with goodies in the bag, bookmarks, business cards, free wristbands from my publisher that you could win something with, and a stomach full of nerves! Please be gentle! There'll also be some sweets on offer, though I doubt they'll last very long. If you're attending the convention, please stop by and say hello. You won't get badgered into buying a book (promise) and you can pretty much talk to me about anything (psst, Guardians of the Galaxy is a big favourite with me right now. Or Doctor Who, Star Wars, Warm Bodies, Brian Froud fairies, but don't expect me to be up on the latest Walking Dead or Star Trek. Sorry!). I look forward to meeting you!

In the meantime, I'm taking part in the Romancing Halloween blog hop, which also starts tomorrow. There'll be a grand prize giveaway of a gift card, while my current giveaway for Hallow's Eve is still running here until the end of October. And if you'd like a sneak early peek at the upcoming reveal for my futuristic UF No Angel (releasing 19th December) please sign up to my no-spam newsletter in the headings above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear your thoughts.